Our First College Grad


She did it! Heather graduated summa cum laude (top 1 %) from BYU's school of music with a degree in media music. She was the only summa cum laude grad in the school of fine arts and communications this commencement. We are very proud of her. It was fun to be there with her to celebrate her accomplishment.

Of course Heather isn't finished with school yet, nor has she even slowed down at all. She has already begun coursework for her Master's degree in musicology. One of the cool things she gets to do this Fall
is teach lower level sight-singing and dictation classes. She may have to complete her thesis off campus, because wherever Jacob goes for dental school is where Heather goes.

Jacob pulled off a really nice graduation gift for her. He set her up with a home studio. He got her an iMac with ProTools, which is the program they use at BYU for recording music. He also got her a keyboard and a microphone. Considering she isn't allowed in the studio at BYU anymore now that she isn't in a class that needs access, this was a wonderful gift. We pitched in, as did Aunt Tracy, Aunt Jane and Grandma Bishop. I'm sure Jacob's family pitched in, too. But I'm pretty certain Jacob financed the lion's share of the expense. It is a neat gift for a talented girl. I told her I expect a CD soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment